Click on the images to read about the wounds soldiers received in the English Civil Wars and then answer the questions below.
- What caused these soldiers' injuries?
- Explain how one of these injuries was caused by a new weapon invented during the Renaissance.
- Which parts of these soldiers' bodies were injured?
- How do you think life would be difficult for these soldiers living with their injuries?
- Many soldiers who were injured in the head or torso (the chest and stomach) did not survive. Use the Injuries and Ailments page to find some soldiers, different from the examples above, who were injured in the head or torso who did survive.